Monday, October 5, 2020

Chicago Week 17-18

 Chicago is still here! 

   So the past couple weeks have been pretty awesome! I have gotten my final companion, Elder Larson. He will be the one to send me home. 
   Conference was awesome. We watched each session with someone different, that was a new experience for me. Also I told everyone it starts at 10, but I forgot about the time zone difference,  so it was actually at 11. I woke up Friday morning realizing that, what a tender mercy.
   Sunday morning we were getting ready to watch conference with our friend Kevin, and around 10am he calls us and says that he has to get some work done over at his friends house. He explained that he has to start cleaning out this shed at a hoarders house, and fill up a truck to take away. We decided to help him do that, then we would all watch conference together at his house. He wasn't kidding about the hoarder part, we go and fill this dump truck and barely made a dent. Afterwards we were able to watch conference with him and he really enjoyed it! 
   We also were cussed out by an old lady while we were sitting and visiting an older member in the ward. She likes to feed the squirrels and birds and we were apparently sitting in her spot. We just sat there waiting while she filled up the bird feeder, complaining the whole time. Then I decided I couldn't sit there and listen to this nonsense any longer and started to talk to her. She is really passionate about her animals, that is for sure. I think she is just lonely and hasn't had a lot of people to be around. I hope it brightened her day! 
   We are excited to still be working with Kevin, he should be baptized in 2 weeks! One thing that we have started doing as a mission is praying to find families. So we are focusing on finding and teaching families. This is what the gospel is all for, sealing families together. This is how we receive a fullness of joy. 
   Sorry for not writing the last couple of weeks, these last weeks will be good! Thank you all for the love and support! 
   Also, we got our district sweatshirts that we made, they turned put cool! 
   - Elder Banister