Monday, July 6, 2020

Chicago week 6

 Hello from Chicago!!!

   Well kind of, I live in a place called round lake. This first full week here has been pretty good. It has certainly been interesting, and an adjustment for sure. But the good news is that the "weekly transfers" have ended and I will at least be here for another 6 weeks. So I can really buckle up and giterdun...

   We have had some miracles this week, especially teaching over the phone. Man, this stuff was unheard of for me just a few short months ago. Now we call people all the time and are able to share the gospel. One woman I was prompted to call picked up and I had a lovely conversation with her about her experience with past missionaries. She expressed her deep gratitude to us for the example we set for her boys while they were growing up, and how much of a struggle it was being a single mom (She was found a looong time ago). She told us about how she has been struggling with her health and has been trying to prepare her house to sell. Boom, service project. It's so cool to see first hand how the Lord is progressing His work, even in these unprecedented times.

   I had my doubts about coming back out, I'm not going to lie. But I have seen time and time again reasons that I did. 

   Today the Elders of the district went and played some disc golf! It was really fun! Also bought a grill, because I'll be staying here for at least the next 6 weeks, so it was necessary. 

   I hope you all had a happy 4th of July! Thank you all for the love and support!

   Elder Banister