Monday, June 29, 2020

Chicago week 5

 Hello from Chicagooooo!

   Been quite the week, literally felt like the events of an entire month just concentrated into one week, blended up to feel like one day. Doesn't make any sense to me, but all I know is I'm still alive.

   So this week has been a rollercoaster. It started pretty normal, doing the usual missionary work. I have really grown to love the people here in Gurnee the past 3 weeks and love teaching them. But on Friday we got a call. From President Shumway. The ultimate Trisome was going to be torn apart! I was told to pack up, my new companion would pick me up tomorrow. Well, that's not even the worst part of the story. So we made plans to run to the Wisconsin border and back the coming Monday, but this news shattered that idea. So we determined to run it before I left, which seemed like a good idea. Until we found out they would pick me up at 5:45 am! Now, here we had a decision to make. There's a principle in Preach my Gospel that talks about setting goals, and doing everything in our power to accomplish those goals. Sooo... do you see what I'm saying here? I'm saying, we went to Walmart, picked up some $1.00 headlamps, ate some pasta, set an alarm for 2:00am, and ran the 14 miles to the border and back. Call it crazy if you want, but I call it dedication. 

   The same can be applied to our lives. You make covenants with the Lord, and trials will always stand in our way, making it difficult to keep. But the Lord will provide a way. There is always an option to stay faithful, even if it is a "2:00 in the morning" option. 


Make the choice and find the way. You will be strengthened day by day. 

("Drops mic dramatically and walks off stage")


   But anyways, I hope it has been a good week for everyone. I am now enjoying my 3rd area here in the Illinois Chicago Mission with my 4th companion. Living the dream! Thank you all for your love and support! 

   We went to Lake Michigan again also, a little earlier this time, about 4:30 am. Worth it!

   Elder Banister