Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Week 51









Hello from the Philippines!!! 
     It has been one of the craziest weeks of my mission so far, not even joking. Here are some of the highlights
 1. There was a big fiesta here in Angono with a ton of people, it went on the whole week and the streets were jammed with people selling stuff. It's hard to explain in words, it was insane. I'll try to send a video I took.
 2. We had exchanges this past week. I got to work with Elder Dart in his area. We started out with some finding/tracting in one of the areas they don't go to that often. So we go and talk to a bunch of people, just trying to find someone to teach, the normal grind. Then while we were walking this car drives up and the dude calls out to us "Elders!" so we go and talk to him, and he's a member, his name is Lance. I just assumed that he was in Elder Dart's ward, but it turns out that he lives about 4 hours drive away, he just happened to be there when we were. Then he asks us if we ate, and those words are like music to my ears when someone asks that, because you already know that they're going to try and give you food. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not out here to get fed, but when someone pulls up and asks us if we want to go get lunch after we've been walking all morning, then you best believe that I'll get excited. So we hop in his car and he takes us to this place called Shakey's. It's a pizza place and it's pretty nice, I've only ate there two other times my whole mission. But yeah, basically it was one of the craziest perfect timing stories so far in my mission, I'd definitely call it a tender mercy, borderline miracle.
  3. We got to go to the Temple today!!!(that's why I'm writing so late, to all..... both of you that noticed). So what we did was sleep over as a district so we could get to the shuttle on time, which left at 4:00am this morning. Well, let's just say when you got 8 elders in one house, all hyped up to go to the temple and for p-day..... yeah, thank goodness for mountain dew. But the Temple was amazing and we had a fantastic time.
  4. We had a special visit from Elder Clayton and we learned a lot about teaching with boldness and talking to people. He challenged us as individuals to talk to 10 different people every day and promised that as we do this that we will find more people to teach. That's basically exactly what we need, so we've really been trying it out this week and talking to as many people as we can, inviting them to learn more about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
     Those were some of the highlights of the week, and there's a few more that I'm sure I could add, like the white guy Tom that I talked to for 30 minutes, struggling a little bit to hold a conversation in English about church and the Bible. He was a very interesting man. But I'm still alive and so grateful that I'm out here in the Philippines serving the Lord. This week I've got a lot of pictures, so hopefully there\s some good ones in there! Love you all!
   Elder Banister