Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Week 8

It's been a good week here in the Philippines!


Yes, the steak was good, but not like home. But the work was pretty good, just continuing to find and invite. We don't have a lot of return appointments but there's plenty of people to talk to. The area is pretty big and I haven't really worked in a whole section of it. We're helping to try and reactivate some members so hopefully that will work out. Definitely not a lack of work to do. Elder Santillian is nice. He likes to play basketball so that's cool. Definitely a little trunky, I mean I can only imagine, it's his last area. But we got work to do so hopefully he can help. Yes, there's 4 of us in the apartment, they're the same that were with me last transfer. Definitely a party. One of the most traumatizing experiences happened this week. We were heading out to work but Elder Santillian needed to use the bathroom, so we stopped at a Jollibee (a fast food place). I sit on a bench to wait for him and right as he walks in this giant Jollibee mascot that's almost 7 feet tall scuffles over out of nowhere. Man, he looks at me, kind of leans over with his big creepy head and gives a wave. You gotta remember, being white here means everyone stares at you, and now this giant red bee mascot is putting on a show. Probably the most uncomfortable thing ever. So I wave back then he proceeds to shuffle on over closer to shake my hand. So I shake it, just smiling away as if I was fine. Then he sits next to me and puts his arm around me for crying out loud. Keep in mind Elder Santillian is in the bathroom during all this so it's just me out here waiting for him. He turns his big fake head towards me and gives me a high five. I just wait there smiling until he gets up. He finally does and takes some pics with the kids then as mysteriously as he came he was gone. Then elder Santillian comes out and we go on our way. That was pretty funny and I probably won't ever go there again haha. Anyways, I hope all is well for all of you. The church is true. I love and miss you all
Elder Banister 2