Monday, July 20, 2020

Chicago week 7-8

 Hello from Chicago!

   It has been a good week. We have seen some pretty cool miracles happening here. One that happened is we met Ann! She has been having a bit of a rough time during the quarantine. She saw something on Facebook and reached out. We introduced her to the Book of Mormon and the peace that it brings. She is awesome! We are excited to keep meeting with her. 

   Another cool experience this week was some service! So we were contacting some people taught in the past and one person who answered was Claudia! Man, she is quite the character. She trains dogs on her 10 acre property, and has horses also. That's a lot of work! As she describes it, she's "not a spring chicken anymore," and is getting her place ready to sell. So we got to help! My favorite part when we showed up is one of the first questions she asked is "are you two city folk?" When we said yes, she was all like "oh this is going to be fun for me," or along those lines. Man, I love it when people make assumptions about the way I work. We spent the time cutting and dragging branches, one of my areas of expertise. So that was pretty fun! She even cooked us zone brats afterwards. It was a good time. 

   Another blessing from Claudia is her great bargaining skills. She calls herself the "bargain queen," and after talking with her, I agree! She said she has a friend getting her some 40 pound box of chicken for $15! So you know what I did? I told her to sign me up! So soon I will have 40 pounds of chicken to be cooking up on my new toy, the mini grill!

   I know that the work we are doing is right, and I can see the hand of the Lord in it. He still leads and guides it today. We have been given so many tools to share the Gospel in these latter days, and I know it has been prepared for our time. 

   Thank you all for the love! One scripture that has had a lot of meaning to me this week is Mosiah 18:21. Read it! It's super good! I'm working on memorizing it this week. 

   Elder Banister