Monday, March 18, 2019

Week 15

It's been a good week here in the Philippines. Like I always say, there's plenty of people to teach here, but the trick is finding someone that will listen. Not a lot do that, but it's alright. I won't break the Lord's trust in me by giving up from a couple of measly trials. That's not an option. And it shouldn't be for anyone that believes in Christ and the Plan of Salvation. Just give yourself to the Lord so He can make you into the best you can be. He actually has a plan and He knows each and every one of us. It's such a strength in my life as I've come to more deeply understand that and be more converted. And I know it can help everyone who understands it also. Boom, Knowledge.  

On another note, one of the lessons we learned in our apartment was pretty cool. It has to do with all these beautiful young women that just seem to be everywhere we turn. We got on the subject just talking at the apartment and it was actually a helpful realization. Here on the mission is a HUGE time of growing and service and it shouldn't be spent day dreaming about sisters. Sure, the mission is a time to prepare for marriage and stuff like that, but it's not to find an eternal companion, haha. So the whole discussion can be summed up with 5 words; BECOME THE MAN SHE DESERVES. Dang, that belongs on a fridge magnet for missionaries. I should really start charging money to read these emails because they are just GOLD. Joke lang, hopefully someone gets something out of these things though.

But I really am teaching over here, not just learning. The Gospel is true and that's what we try and help people learn and live. Right now though, a lot of the focus for us is helping people endure to the end, aka we teach a lot of less active members. Two of them went to church this past week for ward conference and it was a tender mercy because none of our investigators came. I was disappointed, but when I saw them both, it was the Lord saying "it's alright, I know the things you're doing and you are making a difference". That was helpful to me and kind of the "pat on the back" I needed.

Anyways, I know I promised some pictures and stories last week, but it turns out I have a terrible memory and forgot my camera again, so whoops, my bad. Maybe next week I'll remember. Or (in the voice of Nacho Libre) "maybe in the next life". Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

Elder Banister 2