Monday, March 4, 2019

Week 13

Hello to everyone where ever you are. I almost ran out of time to write this because of these "safety zone" videos. They kind of suck you in. Kind of reminds me of my relationship with Netflix before leaving to serve. Not very "healthy" I guess you could say. But now it's for the Mission so I'll watch as many as I can. 

This week was a bitter sweet end to the transfer. (Dang, I should write poetry with this sappy stuff.) We said goodbye to Elder Santillian yesterday as he was going home. I learned a lot from him and know that he had a good time serving his mission. He'll be missed for sure. On the bright side he was my first kill in the mission, so that's nice. (meaning I was his last companion before he goes home). Boom, the glass is half full.

Out long time investigator Brother Marcos came to church for the second time to see Elder Santillian off, so that was awesome. We continue to teach him every week and he's super awesome. Him and his wife May taught us how to make bilo-bilo the other day. It's my FAVORITE dessert so far here in the Philippines, and now I know how to make it so...... bilo-bilo blessings I guess you could say.

Yesterday and today I've been trying to prepare the apartment for my new companion. LOTS of cleaning. The apartment was a MESS when I got there and that was terrible. The least I can do is make it better for my next companion when he comes. Isn't that what we all should do? Learning from our experiences isn't that hard, but applying it is sometimes more difficult. Anyways, there's some elder Banister wisdom for you all.

The less actives that we are teaching are starting to warm up to us and it's nice. The members play a big role in that too. read 3 Nephi 18:32 to make sure you're helping them out like you should haha.

I hope everyone is doing good and thank you all for your prayers. They aren't being wasted, that is for sure.

Elder Banister 2