Monday, January 14, 2019

Week 6




Hello from the Philippines

Dang it's hot. I'll probably be super tan or have skin cancer by the time I get back. Joke lang, I'm doing fine so far. Still haven't gotten sick yet, even though the other three elders in my apartment have a nasty cough. They say it's because I was raised on potatoes, that's why I haven't gotten sick. Whatever the reason I'm fine with it. This week was pretty good, we had a mission wide conference to discuss the new mission changes starting in July. Praying for Mindoro/Cavite mission, but I know the Lord will put me where I need to be. The kids that we're teaching we taught about prayer, and how to pray. That was pretty fun. I usually give them some of the bubble gum you sent, but after I run out then I'll probably hand out some stickers. A couple "Jeepnee" stories for you this week. One was when I was sitting by the passenger in the front and he was watching a movie. I glance again and of course he's watching Venom. Dang, that was a little trial. And I've learned not to complain about the steering wheel in the yellow truck because some of these Jeepnies you have to turn literally half a turn before it starts to go. Then finally on the way here I saw a creative way to add coolant. The driver pulls out his coolant when we're in traffic and dumps it into his home-made funnel leading to the radiator. That was pretty funny. Anyways, Tagalog is getting there I guess. People say I'm doing a good job but I really can't tell if they're just saying that. But I'm sure it'll get there with time. Hope everything is good at home. All is good for me. I added some pictures of the zone. I love you all and hope you're all doing as well as I am
Elder Banister 2

P.S. The pancakes remind me of home



I don't need these things, but if you want to send them when I do need something..... I was wishing I had my Mister Bottle, the Orange waterproof box from grandma, this shoe glue I never used, and maybe another knife or two... and a couple pound bags of beef jerky. I don't need this stuff like I said, but if you ever do send one, Those are some things I could use. Thanks mom, Love you so much. Hope all is good at home. Sometimes I think about how things will be when I get back and it gets me excited to see you all gain. Hopefully it doesn't seem too slow, I'm sure it's not very fast though. But, Logan will be back before you know it and then I'll be right behind him. Hope Preston is good, and Dallin too. Tell Dallin that I was on the C team too, and it wayyy more fun because it's really relaxed. Hope Tayla is excited for young womens, I thought of her when the change was made. Tell dad that I say hi haha. Hope he's still getting through the days. Those windows should be nice though. Anyways, Love you so much

Elder Banister 2