Monday, November 9, 2020

Chicago Week 23-Last e-mail!!

 The last email! 

   Wow, I cannot believe that. I have really come to love this area and the people. It has been quite different to serve here, but the same marvelous work. I wouldn't trade the way my mission turned out for anything. I know that Heavenly Father designed things to turn out this way. 
   This past week, I have been asked many times what's the first thing I'm going to do when I get home. I think I am going to get home, and just ponder about what just happened these past two years. Wow. Seriously, what just happened. A section of scripture in the Book of Mormon comes to mind. In Mosiah 2, everyone knows verse 17, about serving others. What comes to mind are verses 21-25. It talks about being unprofitable servants, and how we are all indebted to Him. I can truly testify that it is true. He has given so much more than we can ever repay, and continues to bless us as we serve and keep the commandments. I know the Gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and He is the savior and Redeemer of the world. I love Him and will continue to serve Him. 
   Thank you all for the love and support these past 2 years! I hope to see you all soon! 
   Elder Banister