Monday, October 26, 2020

Chicago Week 21

Wow, another week already! 
   This week has been good, we had a pretty cool miracle happen to us! So as a mission we have been praying to find families. Because the goal isn't just to baptize, it is to get families sealed in the temple. And so as we have been working to do that, there was someone that we called in Area Book named Jasmine. She is a senior this year. We shared a bit with her, and asked if we could come and share a message with her and her family, and she said yes! So we go over there, and we teach this family of 6 the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We found a family that is willing to let God prevail in their lives. I know it was because of our prayers and desires that we were led to them. 
   We also have been teaching another family of 4, and they are the coolest kids I have met my entire mission. They actually pay attention and participate in lessons, even I didn't do that and I grew up a member! I'm glad I get to keep working with them these next 2 weeks. 
   We had a fun activity today, just carving pumpkins, eating pork chops, and playing spike ball. This week we have my last zone conference, and probably my departing interview, so I'm excited for that. 
   Also it rained all this past weekend and snowed today! First time I've seen snow in almost 2 years, since the MTC! Oh, fun fact also, I hit my 2 year mark this past Saturday, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be where I am at this time. Super crazy to think about. 
   Thank you all for your love and support, especially these past 6ish months! I know I will never regret having come back out to serve the Lord for this time, and there is nothing better I could have been doing elsewhere. 

   Elder Banister